Here you can find a list of tutorial videos which cover the basic content in our weekly training sessions. If you have further questions, refer to our FAQ or send us an email at email@example.com. For a fleshed out format of this material, please attend one of our weekly training sessions.
1. Preparing the Printer Bed for Printing
Since it is not possible to print directly onto the base of our printers, it is necessary to prepare a printing surface before starting to work on a printer. This video teaches users the basic process for cleaning, coating, and attaching the printing surface.
2. Adding and Removing Filament from the Printer Head
Any good print requires the filament to create it! This video is a quick walk through for using the printer’s computer interface to prepare the printer to accept and use filament. The video also gives a brief overview of how to remove filament from the printer once a print is done. This process can also be helpful when getting creative with filaments, such as changing colors or material types halfway through a print.
3. Removing Parts from the Printer Bed
Any print worth keeping is worth removing from the bed properly. Unfortunately, prints aren’t always easy to remove and can be frustrating to deal with, especially if a print has a large surface area, is fragile, or was simply printed too hot/too close to the bed. This video introduces users to a simple and safe method for removing tricky prints from the printer bed. Remember to always be patient dealing with tricky prints and to respect the glass beds and cutting tools. Hurting yourself unsticking a print is never fun.
4. Printing Process Workflow
5. The Additive Manufacturing Process
6. Gcode Software and Slicing
7. Support Structures
8. How to change filament
9. The Art of 3D Scanning (refresh the Page or / and enable Flash if you see a Warning)
There’s more to 3D Scanning than you may think. This video introduces 3D scanning and the technology behind it.
10. Preparing Models for 3D Printing (refresh the Page or / and enable Flash if you see a Warning)
11. Advanced/Additive Manufacturing Engineering (MECH 502-801 – David Prawel) 2014 Fall (refresh the Page or / and enable Flash if you see a Warning)
12. Advanced/Additive Manufacturing Engineering (MECH 502-801 – David Prawel) 2016 Spring (refresh the Page or / and enable Flash if you see a Warning)